Thai Green Veg Curry is a very delicious exotic dish originated in Thailand.
The green curry paste can be made from scratch, but I find buying the paste a more feasible, time-saving option. Fortunately, the Thai Green Curry Paste, a key ingredient in this recipe, and coconut milk are readily available to us in our local supermarkets.
What’s more, this recipe is so simple that you can make the mouth-watering dish in 15 minutes 🙂
Disclosure: This post may have affiliate link(s). They do not cost anything extra to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
After tasting this delicious Thai dish in Sydney a few years back, my husband fell in love with it. So, we tried cooking it at home and it has become an all-time favorite in my house.
I tried Thai red curry too, but it is a little off my taste. So far, green curry has never lost favor in our home.
Check out this simple recipe and try it the next time you are looking for an exotic dish that can be cooked easily.
Thai Green Curry Veg Recipe
- Thai green curry paste – 1 tbsp
- Carrots – 2 medium size
- Baby corn – 6 corns
- Capsicum – 1 medium size
- Broccoli – 1 medium size
- Coconut milk – 200 ml
- Water – 50 ml
- Salt – as needed
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Wash and cut the vegetables (carrots, baby corn and capsicum) into finger-sized pieces.
- Tear small pieces from broccoli (pick all the round flower shaped pieces).
- Cook the vegetables in a pressure cooker with water for just one whistle.
- Place a deep-bottomed vessel on the stove and add oil to it.
- Once the oil is heated, add Thai Green Curry paste to it and stir-fry for a minute on medium flame.
- Then add the coconut milk to the vessel (see below for coconut milk recipe).
- Transfer the boiled vegetables from the cooker to this vessel and let the whole mixture boil for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Add salt as needed and stir.
- Now Thai green veg curry is ready!
Serve delicious Thai green curry with hot steamed rice and enjoy a fantastic lunch.
It is a tasty treat as Sunday special for vegetarians. Have an exotic time!
- I get the Real Thai Green Curry Paste and it is very good.
- If you cannot get coconut milk in the super market, try getting coconut powder and then make your own coconut milk by simply adding warm water to the powder.
- I use either Maggi Coconut Milk Powder and make coconut milk or get Dabur Hommade Coconut Milk which can be directly used.
I used two 75 g coconut milk powder packets to make the milk needed for this recipe. Just heat 200 ml water and add the coconut milk powder to it when the water is warm and stir to avoid lumps.
If you have more time, you can get a coconut and extract milk from it by grinding the coconut pieces.
It is very easy to make., try it out and share your comments 🙂