Paneer fried rice recipe
Paneer fried rice recipe is a favorite for weekend lunches at my home. It is a delicious recipe to try when you have guests over for dinner too. We use a lot of vegetables along with paneer in this variety rice, so the little ones would surely get a good dose of nutrition too 🙂
Disclosure: This post may have affiliate link(s). They do not cost anything extra to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out this easy recipe and try for yourself!
- Paneer – 1 cup cubed (Indian cottage cheese)
- Basmati Rice – 2 cups cooked and cooled
- Carrots – 1 medium size, finely chopped
- Beans – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Capsicum – 1/3 cup finely chopped
- Onion – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 tsp finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 1 medium finely chopped (optional)
- Black pepper powder – 2 tsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Chili sauce or finely chopped green chilies – 1 tsp (optional)
- Coriander leaves – handful finely chopped
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Heat a thick-bottomed flat pan on the stove and add oil to it.
- In a separate pan, cook the paneer cubes for 7 minutes in water enough to cover them.
- Once the oil is hot, add onions,garlic, ginger, salt and stir fry till they are cooked. Use medium flame.
- Now add tomatoes if you are using them, stir fry and then add the carrots, beans and capsicum and let them cook for 4 minutes.
- Add black pepper powder, soy sauce and chili sauce or chilies of you use them and coriander leaves.
- Stir fry all the items for a few minutes and finally add paneer to it. Fry for 2 more minutes.
- Now add the cooked rice to the pan and mix all the ingredients (except coriander leaves) well.
- Adjust salt if needed and switch off the stove. Sprinkle the coriander leaves on the rice.
- Paneer fried rice is ready.
- Serve it hot and enjoy it as it is or along with some hot soup.
Also read: Delicious tomato oats soup recipe
- You can use regular rice if you don’t have basmati rice in stock.
- You can even use leftover rice 🙂
- Adding tomatoes gives a tangy taste to paneer fried rice.
- You can use chilies instead of chili sauce, so that you can remove them and feed your little ones.
- Top paneer fried rice with roasted cashew nuts for an extra punch!
- Try either Calphalon Stainless Steel Wok or Lodge Cast Iron Wok available on Amazon
for even cooking.