Pancakes are a great choice for breakfast as they can be made pretty quickly. They are super easy to make and help you get on with the day energetically.
Here is a kid-approved, tasty, fluffy, homemade pancakes recipe. My daughter loves having these yummy pancakes every Sunday.
In the tips section, I have added the recipe to make banana pancakes skipping egg too.
Disclosure: This post may have affiliate link(s). They do not cost anything extra to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Pancakes Recipe
Calories per pancake: 160
Ready in: 15 minutes
- All-purpose flour (maida) – 1 cup
- Butter – 3 tbsp (melted)
- Granulated sugar – 1 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1.5 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
For topping the pancakes, use Maple syrup or even honey if you like it.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt).
- In another bowl beat the egg, mix it with milk and butter well.
- Now make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Slowly pour the egg, milk and butter mix into the flour and mix the flour part by part to make pancake batter.
- Heat a griddle on medium flame and pour 1/4 cup of batter and let it cook till it turns light brown.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side too. Now the pancake is ready.
- Stack two pancakes, top with maple syrup and serve hot!
Also read: Pesarattu recipe (Green gram pancakes recipe)
Tips and Recipe variations
- Bring egg and milk to room temperature before you use them to get smooth batter and fluffy pancakes.
- You can simply replace milk with almond milk or even water.
- You can skip egg and add a banana instead to make Banana pancakes.
- Use a good cast iron griddle to make great pancakes. My favorite is Lodge Cast Iron Round Griddle.
Also read: Instant dry fruits energy balls recipe
Sounds like a quick and yummy recipe! I like eating pancakes with syrup once in a while.
Good to know 🙂
This really looks yummy, would try it out
Cool. Have fun.
OK so I’m almost embarrassed to admit this but I have only made pancakes from a box mix. I’m going to try it this way to extra impress my guests that I did it from scratch! LOL
The perfect fix for Sunday mornings and you don’t have any ready made batter mix!
Quick and easy! A staple in American breakfasts! Looks great!!
Yes, a time-saver!