Green Peas Pulav is a healthy recipe for lunch. This pulav is quick and easy to make too.
It can be made in one shot in one pot, my favorite cooking way!
Disclosure: This post may have affiliate link(s). They do not cost anything extra to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Green Peas are rich in vitamins and minerals and also have good dietary fiber. Here is the quick recipe.
Green Peas Pulav Recipe
- Fresh Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Rice – 1 cup
- Carrot – 1 medium (optional)
- Onion – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 1 slit vertically
- Mint leaves (pudina) – handful (chopped)
- Coriander leaves (kothamalli/kothimeera) – handful (chopped)
- Cinnamon bark (patta/dalchina chakka) – 1 small piece
- Cloves (grambu/lavangam) – 5
- Cardamom (Elachi/Elaka) – 1
- Fennel seeds powder (saunf/sompu) – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Water – 2 cups or Coconut milk – 2 cups
- Wash and soak the rice.
- Heat a cooker pan on the stove and add oil to it.
- Once the oil heats up, fry the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon for 30 seconds. Then add the ginger garlic paste and fry for 30 more seconds.
- Add onion and fry for a minute. Now add the green chili.
- Add fennel seeds powder, coriander leaves and mint leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the green peas also now and fry for a minute.
- Add the rice and water (or coconut milk) along with needed salt and stir.
- Close the cooker and let it cook for 3 whistles.
- Now Green Peas Pulav is ready!
- Serve it with raitha or curd and chips.
Also read: Tamarind rice recipe (Puliogare/Pulihora)
- You can skip the carrot. I added it to make the pulav colorful for my kids.
- You can replace the green chili with red chili powder if you like.
- Top it off with cashew nuts before serving to give it a tempting look.
- Use coconut milk to give this pulav a rich taste.
- If you have frozen peas, thaw them in the refrigerator one hour before making this pulav.
- If you have dry peas, soak them for 6 hours before you prepare Green peas pulav.
- I like this Food to Live Green Peas brand.
This looks so tasty and easy! My boyfriend loves rice with peas! I’ll have to give it a try.
Do try 🙂
This looks so good!! Making my mouth water!
My husband is such a picky eater, but I think he would eat this! Thank you!!!!
That’s nice to hear!
This looks delicious, thank you! I definitely plan on trying this recipe out, I love rice dishes.