Butter fruit juice is a tasty avocado-based recipe that has just three ingredients in it. Very easy to make.
We love Avocados and use them in many recipes at home. Butter fruit juice, Guacamole, Salad, Sandwich filler are a few ways I add this super fruit to our diet.
Disclosure: This post may have affiliate link(s). They do not cost anything extra to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Though this is rich in calories, consuming this juice moderately helps us increase intake of good fats into our diet. Butter fruit juice is a favorite snack for kids and you can be sure that the snack is delicious and nutritious.
Here is a simple sugar-free Butter fruit juice recipe. I use jaggery (country sugar) instead of raw sugar. It is a good source of iron.
Butter fruit juice Recipe
- Avocado – 1 large peeled, pitted(seed removed)
- Jaggery – 4 tbsp
- Milk – 1.5 cups
Makes 4 servings.
- Cut the avocado into small chunks.
- If you have jaggery in big blocks, crush it into coarse powder.
- Blend the avocado and jaggery with 1/2 cup milk in a juicer.
- After it blends into a smooth paste, add the remaining milk and blend for another minute.
- Now Butter fruit juice aka Avocado milkshake is ready.
- Serve it chilled or as it is.
Also read: Guacamole recipe (Delicious Avocado-based Mexican dip)
- You can use skimmed or non-fat milk if you want to avoid fat.
- You can replace half the milk with water for a lighter flavor.
- Use sugar only if you do not like country sugar (jaggery).
- I use this Organic Jaggery powder from 24 Mantra. Makes my work easier. I had to powder the Jaggery blocks if I do not buy this.
- Vegans can replace milk with almond milk. I like Silk Almond Milk.
Enjoy this delicious yet nutritious milkshake!
You had me at avocado! I’m wondering if I can swap out the almond milk for soy, nut allergy. I think I’m going to give this a try today!
I have not tried it, but it should be fine 🙂
I’ve never even heard of jaggery before. But every now and then I do love a good avocado smoothie. So delicious and really the only way I like to have avocados.
I’m sure I’d try this, looks very appealing and I’m sure it’s good!
It is delicious!
MMMM. Sounds like comfort food. I’ll have to look up this Jaggery. Sounds interesting.
Yes..it definitely is!
Yummmm! This recipe will be a perfect gift for my husband on our Anniversary. He loves avocado and this smoothie looks delicious. I am definitely going to try it out. Thanks 🙂
That’s wonderful 🙂
And Happy Anniversary 🙂
I can definitely work with a 3 ingredient recipe!!! I’ll give it a try with the kids at breakfast and see if they can guess what it’s made from…