My family and friends simply love my Broccoli and Green Peas veg soup. This soup is a great way to get your kids to have the healthy veggies the way they like which is like a major selling point to me 🙂
Disclosure: This post may have affiliate link(s). They do not cost anything extra to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Broccoli and green peas veg soup is easy to make and has only 3 major ingredients in it. I make this soup on cold winter nights and it warms me right up with its yummy goodness.
A friend recently complimented saying that she couldn’t find such great taste even in upscale restaurants and I was beyond happy. I would love to share this super-hit healthy vegetarian soup recipe with you.
This soup is deliciously rich if you use vegetable stock or broth, but if you don’t have it in your pantry, you can even use water.
So, without much further ado, here is the recipe.
- Broccoli chopped – 1/2 cup
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Vegetarian broth – 2 cups
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Green chilli – 1
- Onion – half
- Oil/butter – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp (Optional for topping up the soup when you serve)
- Wash broccoli, green peas, ginger and green chilli. Cut the broccoli florets into small pieces
- Cut the onion, green chilli, ginger and garlic into small pieces
- Heat a pan on the stove and add 1 tbsp cooking oil or butter to it
- Once the oil is hot, it takes just a few seconds, add the ginger, garlic and green chilli to it
- Fry them a bit and add onion to it and fry for a minute
- Next add the broccoli pieces and stir for a few minutes
- Remove a few pieces of broccoli for garnishing the soup at the end and leave the rest in the pan
- Add vegetable broth to the pan and let it boil for 5 minutes
- Tip: I always keep some vegetable broth handy. If I am not in a mood to prepare the broth or want a quick option, I simply use the veg broth available in stores. My go to option is the low sodium organic veg broth from Imagine
- Now add green peas to it and let it boil for just about a minute or till the green peas start to turn color
- Do not overcook the peas as it will lose its flavor
- Let it cool for 5 minutes. Then strain the solids from the pan (broccoli, green peas, onion, ginger, garlic, chilli) and grind them to a smooth paste
- Add the paste back to the pan and let it heat for a few more minutes
- Top it with the broccoli pieces you set aside earlier. Season with salt and pepper as per your taste
- You can add a tbsp butter on top if you like it
- Now the soup is ready!
Enjoy this soup as an appetizer to brighten up any meal. Try this now and let me know your comments.