Bonda is a popular snack in the evenings and goes very well with coconut chutney. A much savored and easily prepared snack for rainy days.
This Bonda recipe literally takes just 5 mins for preparation and 5 mins for frying.
Here is the very simple recipe for this enjoyable snack and can be made in under 10 to 20 minutes depending on the quantity.
- Gram flour (Besan/Chickpea flour/Kadala maavu/Senaga pindi) – 2 cups
- Rice flour (Arisi maavu/Biyyam pindi) – 1/2 cup
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Onions – 2
- Curry leaves – 10
- Coriander leaves – handful
- Baking soda – a pinch
- Oil – 300 ml
- Salt – as needed
- Finely chop the onions, coriander leaves, curry leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients with a little water. Make sure that only enough water is used so that the batter does not drip from your fingers.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan and keep it on medium flame.
- Take small ball sized amount of batter in your hand and drop it in the oil and deep fry.
- Fry till the bondas turn crisp golden colour and enjoy the bondas hot!
Also read: More Vegetarian Snacks Recipes
When I stayed back in my lovely city of Hyderabad, we used to get the local store’s Besan flour for this recipe. In the US, I use this Deep Besan Chickpea Flour
Also read: Masala Vada Recipe
Join the Facebook Group South Indian Veg Food Recipes for more yummy veg recipes!
*Disclosure: This post may have affiliate link(s). They do not cost anything extra to you. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.