Rava laddu is of my favorite easy-to-make sweets that can be made within 10 minutes. Rava ladoo recipe has very few ingredients too and is quite delicious.
Here is a simple Rava laddu recipe.
Rava Laddu Recipe
- Semolina (Sooji/Rava/Bombay Rava/Upma Rava) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Cashews – 15 broken
- Raisins – 15
- Milk – 50 ml (as needed)
- Cardamom (Elachi/Elakulu/Elachi) – 1 (optional)
Also read: How to make ghee at home in 10 minutes
- Heat a thick-bottomed pan on the stove and add ghee to it.
- Fry the cashews and then raisins in the ghee and transfer them to a clean bowl.
- Now, in the same pan, roast the rava in remaining ghee for 8 minutes or till it turns a little brown on a medium to low flame.
- Stir continuously while roasting the rava, else it will get burnt.
- Switch off the stove and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, powder the sugar and cardamom. Also, boil and cool the milk separately.
- Add the powdered sugar, cashews and raisins to rava and mix well.
- Next add little milk to one portion of the rava and start making balls.
- Continue adding milk to small portions of the rava till you finish making all the ladoos.
- Enjoy Rava Laddu by serving immediately.
Also read: Rava Kesari Recipe without Food Color
- Rava laddoo keeps fresh even up to a week in the refrigerator. Store in a clean seal-able container.
- Use a good iron griddle or pan to roast rava evenly. My favorite is this Lodge Pre-Seasoned Skillet.
Also read: Easy Vegetarian Snack Ideas
Also read: Badam Halwa Without Sugar Recipe
Join the Facebook Group South Indian Veg Food Recipes for more yummy veg recipes!
*Disclosure: This post may have affiliate link(s). They do not cost anything extra to you. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.