Morr Kozhambu or Majjiga Pulusu or Buttermilk curry is a simple yet tasty dish which can be done within 15 minutes.
Try this recipe the next time you are looking for variety and have less time to cook. As this is mild and contains curd, it is gentle and good for the stomach.
For those who would like to see what a Chow Chow looks like, check the below image.
This recipe uses the vegetable Chow Chow, also called as ‘Naatu Vankaya/Katharika/Chayote Squash‘.
- Chow chow – 1 medium size
- Curd – 1 cup
- Curry leaves – 10
- Corriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Bengal gram (Chana dal) – 1 tbsp
- Toor dal – 1 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Soak Bengal gram and Toor dal for half an hour.
- Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp
- Green chilli – 1
- Zeera (Cumin seeds) – 1 tsp
- Ginger – small piece
- Tomato – 1 small size
- Soaked Bengal gram and Toor dal
- Grind these items in a mixer until they are ground coarsely. No need to make the paste too smooth.
- Once you grind the ingredients and have cut chow chow into small pieces, you can switch on the stove.
- Place a deep bottomed pan on the stove, add three spoons of oil and fry the mustard seeds.
- Once they sputter, add curry leaves and fry till they are crisp.
- Add the chow chow pieces to the pan and fry them for 2 minutes.
- Pour one glass of water in the pan and let it boil for 5 minutes, by this time the vegetable would be cooked properly.
- Add the grinded paste to the pan along with the curd, let the whole mixture simmer on the stove for 5 minutes and your curry will be ready.
Enjoy the tasty buttermilk curry and its goodness!
Having this curry with rice and Masala Vada or fritters or papad as a side would be heavenly!!
Also read: Masala Vada Recipe
Tips: Try this Organic Chana Dal of 24 Mantra for chana dal.
Instead of Chow Chow, you can also use either bottle gourd (Sorakaya) or even carrots.
Also read: Tapioca Vada Recipe
* This post has affiliate links to products I use and recommend. It won’t cost you anything and can sometimes earn a small commission. This helps me to continue running this website with awesome content for free.