Green Peas Pulav is a healthy recipe for lunch. This pulav is quick and easy to make too.
It can be made in one shot in one pot, my favorite cooking way!
Green Peas are rich in vitamins and minerals and also have good dietary fiber. Here is the quick recipe.
Green Peas Pulav Recipe
- Fresh Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Rice – 1 cup
- Carrot – 1 medium (optional)
- Onion – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 1 slit vertically
- Mint leaves (pudina) – handful (chopped)
- Coriander leaves (kothamalli/kothimeera) – handful (chopped)
- Cinnamon bark (patta/dalchina chakka) – 1 small piece
- Cloves (grambu/lavangam) – 5
- Cardamom (Elachi/Elaka) – 1
- Fennel seeds powder (saunf/sompu) – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Water – 2 cups or Coconut milk – 2 cups
- Wash and soak the rice.
- Heat a cooker pan on the stove and add oil to it.
- Once the oil heats up, fry the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon for 30 seconds. Then add the ginger garlic paste and fry for 30 more seconds.
- Add onion and fry for a minute. Now add the green chili.
- Add fennel seeds powder, coriander leaves and mint leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the green peas also now and fry for a minute.
- Add the rice and water (or coconut milk) along with needed salt and stir.
- Close the cooker and let it cook for 3 whistles.
- Now Green Peas Pulav is ready!
- Serve it with raitha or curd and chips.
Also read: Tamarind rice recipe (Puliogare/Pulihora)
- You can skip the carrot. I added it to make the pulav colorful for my kids.
- You can replace the green chili with red chili powder if you like.
- Top it off with cashew nuts before serving to give it a tempting look.
- Use coconut milk to give this pulav a rich taste.
- If you have frozen peas, thaw them in the refrigerator one hour before making this pulav.
- If you have dry peas, soak them for 6 hours before you prepare Green peas pulav.
- I like this Food to Live Green Peas brand.
Also read: One Pot Lunch Veg Recipes and Ideas
* This post has affiliate links to products I use and recommend. It won’t cost you anything extra and can sometimes earn a tiny commission. This helps me to continue running this website with awesome content for free!