It is a great combination for many other recipes too. And the good news is that it is not only super easy to make, but also super quick.
For busy moms, this recipe is a great time-saver. Anyone without cooking skills also can make this chutney easily.
So, here is the recipe.
- Coconut – 100 gms or 1/2 cup
- Fried gram (Pottu Kadala/putnalu) – 2 tbsp
- Tamarind – 1 small piece
- Chilli (Red/Green) – 1
- Salt – as needed
- Garlic – 1 piece (optional..adds spice)
- Curry leaves – 10 (optional)
- Cut the coconut into small pieces, chop the chilli and garlic into half.
- Grind all the ingredients together with a little water and make a semi-fine paste and the chutney is ready!
- Temper the chutney and enjoy.
Also read: Ven Pongal recipe
Tempering process for those who are new to cooking
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Split urad dal – 1 tsp
- Gram dal – 2 tsp
- Red chilli – 2
- Curry leaves – 10
- Cooking oil – 2 tsp
- Add cooking oil to a pan, after it is heated up, add mustard seeds.
- Let the mustard seeds sputter and then add urad dal, gram dal, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry the mix till the dal turns golden brown and the curry leaves become crispy.
Like it? Pin it for later!