Cheese bread roll is a yummy vegetarian snack that is quick and unbelievably easy to make. This is a great hit with children for after school snacks.
Made with bread and potato as the major ingredients, this crispy snack leaves you craving for more.
1. Bread – 10 slices (makes 10 rolls)
2. Potato – 1 big
3. Cheese – 1 slice
4. Onion – 1/2
5. Coriander leaves – 2 tsp (finely chopped)
6. Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
7. Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
8. Salt – as needed
9. Cooking oil – 300 ml for frying
- Boil and mash the potato and put it in a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onion and finely cut coriander leaves to the potato and mix well.
- Next add the chilli powder, garam masala and salt to the mixture.
- Cut the cheese into small pieces and mix it well with the potato and spices.
- Make small oval balls from the mixture and keep them ready in a plate.
- Take each slice of bread, cut the bread sides and flatten the bread.
- Apply water to all four edges of the bread.
- Then put the potato stuffing at one edge and roll the bread lengthwise.
- Press all the edges so that the stuffing stays inside.
- After you make all the 10 bread slices into rolls, heat oil in a deep pan.
- Deep fry the rolls on medium flame till the color turns to golden.
- Cheese bread rolls are ready. Enjoy with tomato ketchup.
- The bread roll gets fried pretty quickly (in about 15 seconds), so remove them from the oil immediately.
- If the potato mixture is leftover, you can always use a few more bread rolls. Else you can put it in your plain dosa to make it a special cheese masala dosa 😀
- You need not waste the bread crust (bread sides), you make make delicious bread pudding from it or even turn it into bread crumbs.
For yummy bread pudding, check out my bread pudding recipe post here.
A word of caution – this recipe has cheese in it, and the rolls are deep-fried, so it is always good to limit ourselves to a few rolls at a time.
Enjoy this tasty snack and let me know your comments 🙂
Do not forget to like and share this recipe!!