Cheese bread roll is a yummy vegetarian snack that is quick and unbelievably easy to make.
I saw this recipe on my favorite hebbars kitchen and modified it a bit to suit the taste for kids.
This is a great hit with children for after school snacks.
Made with bread and potato as the major ingredients, this crispy snack leaves you craving for more.
1. Bread – 10 slices (makes 10 rolls)
2. Potato – 1 big
3. Cheese – 1 slice
4. Onion – 1/4 (pureed)
5. Coriander leaves – 2 tsp (finely chopped)
6. Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
7. Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
8. Salt – as needed
9. Cooking oil – 300 ml for frying
- Boil and mash the potato and put it in a mixing bowl.
- Add onion puree and finely cut coriander leaves to the potato and mix well.
- Next add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to the mixture.
- Cut the cheese into small pieces and mix it well with the potato and spices.
- Make small oval balls from the mixture and keep them ready in a clean plate.
- Take each slice of bread, cut the bread sides and flatten the bread.
- Apply water to all four edges of the bread.
- Then put the potato stuffing at one edge and roll the bread lengthwise.
- Press all the edges so that the stuffing stays inside.
- After you make all the 10 bread slices into rolls, heat oil in a deep pan.
- Deep fry the rolls on medium flame till the color turns to golden.
- Cheese bread rolls are ready. Enjoy with tomato ketchup.
- The bread roll gets fried pretty quickly (in about 15 seconds), so remove them from the oil immediately to avoid burning it.
- If the potato mixture is leftover, you can always use a few more bread rolls. Else you can put it in your plain dosa to make it a special cheese masala dosa 😀
- You need not waste the bread crust (bread sides), you make make delicious bread pudding from it or even turn it into bread crumbs.
A word of caution – this recipe has cheese in it, and the rolls are deep-fried, so it is always good to limit ourselves to a few rolls at a time.
Enjoy this tasty snack and let me know your comments 🙂
Do not forget to like and share this recipe!!
I like this Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Saute Pan for cooking.
Also read: Chole Bread Snack Recipe
Join the Facebook Group South Indian Veg Food Recipes for more yummy veg recipes!
*Disclosure: This post may have affiliate link(s). They do not cost anything extra to you. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.