Capsicum masala is an easy to make tasty dish. It is a yummy bell pepper curry that goes well with rice and even chapathi.
This simple recipe will come in handy when you run out of other vegetables in the kitchen.
In fact, I made this recipe for the first time when I could not find any other veggies and friends came visiting without notice.
It was an instant hit with friends and family alike to my great relief!
And so, we continue to make capsicum masala whenever we like and enjoy this delicious curry.
Capsicum masala curry recipe
- Capsicum/Green Bell Pepper – 1 cup (diced)
- Tomato – 1 large sized (pureed)
- Onion – 2 medium sized (1 diced and 1 chopped finely)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Corriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Groundnuts – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Corriander leaves – 1/4 cup(chopped)
- Sesame seeds (nuvvulu/ellu) – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Dry roast the groundnuts(peanuts) and sesame seeds if you are using them. I use these organic groundnuts.
- Grind the roasted nuts into a fine powder and set it aside.
- In a tawa/thick bottomed pan, add 2 tbsp oil and saute the diced onion and capsicum. Once they are roasted, set them aside.
- Use the same pan to saute finely chopped onion till it turns crispy.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, tomato puree (just put the tomato in a blender for 2 minutes to get pureed tomato) and saute for a few minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt to the pan.
- Let the mixture fry for a few minutes.
- Then add the groundnut(and sesame) powder along with some water to make it semi-liquid gravy.
- On a medium to low flame let it boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sauteed capsicum and onion to the gravy and let it boil till the capsicum is cooked.
- Switch off the stove and garnish the curry with corriander leaves before serving.
So, the yummy gravy is calling!
Also read: Horse gram Masala Recipe for Weight Loss
Save this recipe by pinning the below images on your Pinterest boards or bookmark this page for later.
I guarantee that you will keep coming back for it 🙂
Enjoy this super delicious gravy and let me know your thoughts!
* This post has an affiliate link to a product I use and recommend. It won’t cost you anything extra and can sometimes earn a tiny commission. This helps me to continue running this website with awesome content for free.