My family and friends simply love my Broccoli and Green Peas veg soup. This soup is a great way to get your kids to have the healthy veggies the way they like which is like a major selling point to me 🙂
Broccoli and green peas veg soup is easy to make and has only 3 major ingredients in it. I make this soup on cold winter nights and it warms me right up with its yummy goodness.
A friend recently complimented saying that she couldn’t find such great taste even in upscale restaurants and I was beyond happy. I would love to share this super-hit healthy vegetarian soup recipe with you.
So, without much further ado, here is the recipe.
- Broccoli chopped – 1/2 cup
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Vegetarian broth – 2 cups
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Green chilli – 1
- Onion – half
- Oil/butter – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp (Optional for topping up the soup when you serve)
- Wash broccoli, green peas, ginger and green chilli. Cut the broccoli florets into small pieces
- Cut the onion, green chilli, ginger and garlic into small pieces
- Heat a pan on the stove and add 1 tbsp cooking oil or butter to it
- Once the oil is hot, it takes just a few seconds, add the ginger, garlic and green chilli to it
- Fry them a bit and add onion to it and fry for a minute
- Next add the broccoli pieces and stir for a few minutes
- Remove a few pieces of broccoli for garnishing the soup at the end and leave the rest in the pan
- Add vegetable broth to the pan and let it boil for 5 minutes
- Tip: I always keep some vegetable broth handy. If I am not in a mood to prepare the broth or want a quick option, I simply use the veg broth available in stores. My go to option is the low sodium organic veg broth from Imagine
- Now add green peas to it and let it boil for just about a minute or till the green peas start to turn color
- Do not overcook the peas as it will lose its flavor
- Let it cool for 5 minutes. Then strain the solids from the pan (broccoli, green peas, onion, ginger, garlic, chilli) and grind them to a smooth paste
- Add the paste back to the pan and let it heat for a few more minutes
- Top it with the broccoli pieces you set aside earlier. Season with salt and pepper as per your taste
- You can add a tbsp butter on top if you like it
- Now the soup is ready!
Enjoy this soup as an appetizer to brighten up any meal. Try this now and let me know your comments.
Pin it for later
Note: This post has an affiliate link to a product I use and recommend. It won’t cost you anything extra and can sometimes earn a small commission. This helps me to continue running this website with awesome content for free.