Bread pudding is one of my favorite desserts. I try to make it at least once a month to enjoy it with my family on a lazy day. It tastes super good and is easy to make.
What makes this pudding so special is that it can be made even with stale bread or bread crusts. So, don’t throw away all those bread crusts leftover from cutting your bread sides for a sandwich.
- Bread/Bread crust – 5 cups
- Eggs – 3
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Raisins – handful
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the bread/crusts and put the pieces in a large oven-safe bowl spread evenly.
- Beat the eggs, add the milk and sugar. Mix them well.
- Pour this mixture on the bread pieces to soak them.
- Sprinkle the melted butter on top and throw in the raisins too.
- Put the bowl in the preheated oven and let it bake for about 40 minutes. The top will spring back when you gently push it with a fork indicating that the pudding is ready.
- Optionally add a tsp of cinnamon powder to the beaten eggs mixture, if you like the flavor.
- Use any vessel that you would use on the stove top for cooking, to bake the pudding in the oven. You do not need to buy any fancy oven bowls. I used a stainless steel vessel for the pudding.
Enjoy this yummy recipe. Do not forget to like and share this post.