Bonda is a popular snack in the evenings and goes very well with coconut chutney. A much savored and easily prepared snack for rainy days. Here is a very simple recipe for this enjoyable snack and can be made in 20 minutes.
- Gram flour (Kadala maavu/Senaga pindi) – 2 cups
- Rice flour (Arisi maavu/Biyyam pindi) – 1/2 cup
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Onions – 2
- Curry leaves – 10
- Corriander leaves – handful
- Baking soda – a pinch
- Oil – 300 ml
- Salt – as needed
- Finely chop the onions, corriander leaves, curry leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients with a little water. Make sure that only enough water is used so that the batter does not drip from your fingers.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan and keep it on medium flame.
- Take small ball sized amount of batter in your hand and drop it in the oil and deep fry.
- Fry till the bondas turn crisp golden colour and enjoy the bondas hot!