Are you looking for top places to visit around Bangalore within 300 kms? You have come to the right place!
Living in a city has its own charm. But at times it drains all your energy in a work week. I lived in Bangalore metro, India for more than 5 years. So this is my experience speaking 🙂
Fortunately, respite is very close to the ‘garden city’ dwellers. Bangalore is surrounded with absolutely delightful getaways close to the city.
Within 300 kms you can find beautiful weekend escapades and even make short day-trips.
We have only the weekends to recharge our batteries and get ready to take on the next week. If you are anything like me, a big-time travel buff, you would head straight to the woods or take a hike or even go to the beach.
I have listed below my favorite weekend and short trip destinations which are from 20 kms to less than 300 kms from Bangalore.
Choose from these tourist spots when you get a chance and escape the frantic pace for a few days and get refreshed!
Top 10 tourist getaways near Bangalore within 300 kms
1. Bannergatta National Park
- Distance: 20 km
- Best season to visit: Throughout the year. Open from 9:30 AM to 5 PM, closed on Tuesdays
- Things to do: Zoo, Grand Safari, Boating, Butterfly park
- Distance: 30 km
- Best season to visit: Throughout the year. Open from 11 AM to 6 PM
- Things to do: Thrilling high rides, scary rides, water rides
3. Nandi Hills
- Distance: 60 km
- Best season to visit: Throughout the year. Opens at 6 AM. Sunrise time is the best to visit these hills o enjoy a grand view
- Things to do: Witness a glorious sunrise, bird watching
- Distance: 95 km
- Best season to visit: October to March, rains can make the rocks slippery and dangerous.
- Things to do: Sangam river, Coracle ride
- Distance: 130 km
- Best season to visit: September to December. It is crowded throughout the year, but water is full in monsoon season and a very dangerous time to visit
- Things to do: Barachukki and Gaganachukki waterfalls, Coracle ride
Also read: 16 Best places to visit in South India
- Distance: 145 km
- Best season to visit: October to March. Though it will be crowded at Dussera time, the palace is wonderful to gaze at
- Things to do: Mysore palace tour, Raja’s seat viewpoint, KRS dam, Balmuri and Edmuri falls (On the way from Mysore to Bangalore)
- Distance: 180 km
- Best season to visit: September to March, but avoid when it rains heavily as the water can become dangerous
- Things to do: Hogenakkal waterfalls, Coracle ride
- Distance: 220 km
- Best season to visit: September to December
- Things to do: Manjarabad fort, Hoysaleeshwara temple, Coffee estates, Hemavathi river, Kumaraparvata trek, Bisle ghat viewpoint.
Also read: Top things to do in Sakleshpur
- Distance: 250 km
- Best season to visit: October to April
- Things to do: Dubare Elephant camp, Kaveri Nisargadama, Bylakuppe Kushalnagar Tibetian Monastery and Golden temple, Abbey falls
Also read: Coorg, the coffee cup of Karnataka.
- Distance: 265 km
- Best season to visit: September to June
- Things to do: Lakkidi viewpoint, Edakkal caves, Kuruva Island, Chembra peak trekking, Banasura Sagar dam, Pookot lake, Muthanga Wildlife Sancutary, Soochipara Falls, Meenmutty falls(dangerous in monsoon season)
Also read: Wonders of Wayanad – Chembra Peak Trek
And there are many more spots recommended by friends that I am yet to explore or want to visit again:
- Chunchi falls – 90 km
- Bheemeshwari – 100 km
- Ranganathittu bird santuary – 130 km
- Bandipur National park – 220 km
- Yercaud – 220 km
- Kumaraparvata (for trekkers) – 250 km
- Chikmagalur – 250 km
- Ooty – 270 km. For details of Ooty trip, check my post A trip to Ooty.
- Jog falls – outside the 300 km range, but an awesome spot to relax (It is 350 km from Bangalore). For more details, check my post Jog Falls.
- Bekal, Kerala – outside the 300 km range, but this is also an awesome spot to relax (It is 380 km from Bangalore). For more details, check my post Bewitching Bekal.
- Kodaikanal – An awesome hill station for any season, it is about 420 km from Bangalore. It is also more than 300 kms away, but a great tourist gem. For more details, check my post on Kodaikanal.
Enjoy a lovely break and recharge yourselves.
Also read: Berijam forest guest house details
What are your favorite spots around Bangalore? Hit the comments and let us know.